Our number one priority is safety for the children who depend on our products every day. While specific and rigid government safety requirements guide the design and production of every products we make, we, at Mika Micky, take extra steps to meet or exceed those standards to help protect your little one.
Mika Micky Safety Standards
Rigorously tested to meet or exceed all required and voluntary safety standards enacted by the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. Holds a Children’s Product Certificate.
- The co-sleeping mode is ONLY possible with adult bed types that comply with all the conditions described in the following graphics. The adult beds unfit with the following graphics CANNOT be used.
- To reduce the risk of SIDS, pediatricians recommend healthy infants be placed on their back to sleep, unless otherwise advised by your physician.
- To prevent death from entrapment, bedside sleeper must be properly secured to adult bed using the attachment system.
- There must be NO more than 1/2 in. (13 mm) gap between bedside sleeper and adult bed.
- Check tightness before each use by pulling bedside sleeper in a direction away from adult bed.
- If gap exceeds 1/2 in. (13 mm), DO NOT use product. Do not fill the gap with pillows, blankets, or other items that are suffocation hazards.
- Always read and follow assembly instructions for each product use mode (bedside sleeper, bassinet).
- Always use ALL required parts for each use mode. Check instruction manual for a list of required parts. Periodically check product for loose, damaged, or missing parts.
- The 'L' hooks and straps assembly must always be used in bedside sleeper mode.
- Never use this product if there are any loose or missing fasteners, loose joints, broken parts, or torn mesh/fabric. Check before assembly and periodically during use. Contact Mika Micky Customer Service for replacement parts. Never substitute parts.
- To avoid death from the infant's neck being caught on the lower locking bar on the side that is next to the adult bed, the lower locking bar must be NO HIGHER than the adult bed mattress.
- Never permit bedding from the adult bed to extend into the bedside sleeper.
- Never leave child unattended in the Mika Micky bedside bassinet.
- Strings can cause strangulation! Never place items with a string around a child's neck such as hood strings or pacifier cords. Never suspend strings over product or attach strings to toys.
- Never leave infant in product without the UPPER LOCKING BAR installed in the upper most position, unless securely attached to the adult bed.
- Always check to be sure that the upper locking bar and the lower locking bar are in their "locked position" before placing the infant in the Mika Micky bedside bassinet.
- Never use plastic shipping bags or other plastic film as mattress covers not sold and intended for that purpose. They can cause suffocation.
- Make sure all straps are secured and tight when used in the co-sleeping position. Tighten straps periodically.
- Strangulation/suffocation hazard: The top edge of the lower locking bar must be level with or below the top of the adult mattress when the bedside bassinet used as co-sleeping mode. The level of the bedside bassinet mattress must be minimum of 4 inches below the top edge of the lowering bar. NEVER raise the level of the Mika Micky bedside bassinet mattress.
- Never use the Mika Micky bedside bassinet in co-sleeping position without the "L" hooks attached and locked as shown. Failure to use this hooking system could result in serious injury or death to the infant. Make sure all straps are secured and tight. Check straps before each use.
- Failure to use this securing system will allow the bedside bassinet to move away from the adult bed and could result in the infant falling out of the bedside bassinet.
- Strangulation hazard: When 'L' hooks and straps assembly are not in use, store in a safe place not accessible to children.
- Do not place product near a window where cords from blinds or drapes may strangle a child.
- Never place product near a window where cords from blinds or drapes can strangle a child.
- Keep the bassinet away from stoves, heaters, campfires, and other hazards.
- Do not allow children to climb or play on or under unit in any configuration.
- Fall hazard: Remove infant from the Mika Micky bedside bassinet before starting any conversions.
- Always make sure all top and bottom rails are securely locked, in all configurations, before putting an infant/child into the unit.
- Do not remove warning labels.